Monday, June 22, 2009

"I DO"....(wanna spend my life savings for one day)


"Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage". What "ole blue eyes"(Frank Sinatra for those who don't know) should've added said was that weddings make ur pockets leaner than a bulimic on crack!! Many people fall in love and get married and wanna have a beautiful wedding. Some dream of white doves and white princess dresses and tiaras etc. all their lives. I am sure that would be wonderful. There is a little issue though be ready to pull out ur checkbooks and/or go into debt.

The wedding industry is big bizness these dayz. From David's Bridal to Bridezilla (yeah i watch it so what..) there are tons of ideas,websites(offbeat bride is really cool!) to choose if you wanna go that route. No I am not married but it would be nice to be with someone forever and to cherish and raise a family. Unfortunately I am not Bill Gates and I have yet to win the lottery so financially speaking weddings scare me a lil.

I was a groomsman for my mans last yr in his wedding. It was lovely kid. There was a freakin quartet which was awesome. The reception was lovely(they had an open bar all nite..."sippin on some sizzzurrppp" lol). I don't know how much they paid but I estimate around 25k. They got paper but right now they are staying in an apt(?). Don't get me wrong love is love but in my opinion i wanna house 1st then we can see whassup with a wedding. I am sure it is in the near future and i am not knockin their choices. U do want u do but ME nah das a lot of $ for a day and their is no tangible returns. If you have the money and you're not gonna go into debt that maybe itz cool but still even then pay bills, buy a house, plan a lavish trip. I know most ppl don't have that kinda dough and their parents pay for it. I heard about one couple in TN that spend buukuu money on their wedding(their parents did) now they are divorced and their parents went broke due to the expenditures of the lavish ceremony. I aint sayin u should go think about a possibility of it not working out but das real sad.

It is up to the individual(s) to decide what their priorities are and figure out the best course of action. I just want ppl to understand you don't need to spend "X" amount of dollars to be happy. Go off to the beach just u and him or plan a real small wedding. Simplicity is sometimes the best.

2 comments:

  1. The last line perfectly tied this issue together.

    My brother-in-law & hiz wife spent 5stackz on their wedding ringz[...not sure if the cost waz combined or seperate] ....&they get their lights turnd-off &run out of fuel for their car...on a regular basis.

    Fidduck dat!

    ...I'd wear the marriage license like a sign ....&hav the recetion @Pizza Hut, before making a financial fool of Myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL U already know how I feel about this. Nice.

    ReplyDelete