Thursday, June 18, 2009

good black man at your service





I was IMing(cant believe this is a verb) a friend of mine on Facebook today and her status line read:I need a little testosterone in my life. I replied that this by saying "take ur pick there are plenty of good men out here?". I included myself in this statement not as an invitation for her(she is strictly my homie) but I am a good man. I am a currently single handsome black man with an education. I know about the statistics of young black men and the state of their affairs. It is a damn shame but don't clump me in that category. Where all the good women at?! When a good man treats you well then u don;t reciprocate so how u gonna find a good man when u aint no good urself ...think about it.

We as black men are,have been and always will be public enemy numero uno in this white man's world period. Unfortunately due to systematic destruction of our own doing and by the influence of the powers that be( shay whitey or ofays as i like to call 'em) have combined to obliterate the black man in every shape, form and fashion. From incarceration to uneducation to drug dealing to pimping we have withered to a select few that "have made it". And really have we REALLY MADE IT? nah brothas and sistahs we trying to survive in a soceity that doesnt want us and deems us inadequate.

I come from a middle class family my parents divorced when i was real young and i was...well kinda raised myself. I didn't have a lot of parenting in the household but dont wanna get too personal. It was me and my twin brother and we managed with some guidance from my mother and father. I say this because I wasn't indigent and i was a reasonably good student in skool. But i still had major issues growing up so i didn't need to be from the ghetto to struggle. To make a long story short i went to college and graduated with a two B.S. degrees now working and making a decent living. Most would say that I made it or that i am a good man. But what makes a good man?

A good man is a good human being regardless of color. Yet also in a since when referring to black men there seems to be some requirements. Education is key and it doesn't matter what ethnicity you are but also i think most women would say a "nicca wit a job" is a must. Yeah income coming in is crucial especially in this "recession" but damn can a dude working at Wendy's get some love?? I believe a good black man is someone who makes u happy and is righteous. Yeah everyone falters and some may have a little thug in them but overall is he pious, good-natured aka a good black man. That is for you to decide. Remember though shyt aint always biscuits and gravy and just b/c u are goin thru some thangs dont mean he aint no good. Have you checked urself lately? Aight then nuf said!!

So ladies before you go off and say"where all the good black men at?" You may be talking to one and you haven't took the time to explore.

(note: this is not me in the pic above...i am better looking lol)

1 comment:

  1. I hear what you are saying. Black women can't say that there aren't any good black men when they are doing dirt themselves. I get that, but what about the countless black women out there who are good. I myself have been asked many a times why I am single and yes I am a good black woman. When I am asked this question all I can say that I haven't encountered a good man. I am not pick per se but a sistah got standards. I was not raised to settle for less especially when I keep striving for the best.
    I've just turned the dreadful 3-0 and have been feeling a little pressure to get married and so call "settle down". Another but, I refuse to just settle and yes I am an attractive woman who does take of myself. The quality of black men that I have seen has definitely diminished and I am not saying that there aren't any good ones out there. Here comes another but, it appears that they hard to fine especially when I am so busy and focused on achieving my dreams and goals.
    And another thing, I have parents who are still married to this day and only wish to be bless enough to have married as long-lasting as theirs and don't get me wrong they had their bad times. I guess the point of this comment to you is that as black women are continuing to rise, we want black men counterparts to do the same. What I am and my female friends are seeing and experiencing is a lot of b.s from black men. Yes , we all know that it ain't easy in this world we live in but as a people we still have to rise above it the chaos and madness.
    From sistah to a brotha,
    Stay Positive.

    ReplyDelete