Saturday, June 27, 2009

first impression means a lot but dont judge a book by itz cover either...(the realm of appearances)


whaddup my fellow citizens dis ya boi back for another intriguing round for discussion. Let's rap back appearances. Appearances made of a lot of things from jewelry to hairstyles, tattoos to the clothes on ur back(and other body parts lol). There are tons of trendsetters and followers of styles for that matter. So who sets the norm for proper appearance. Of course this is predicated on the situation i mean u don't wanna go to an interview with a Jordan jumpsuit on right?

I have always been against judging someone based on their appearance. I know it is probly a innate defense mechanism in humans. If you see a person cloaked out with something bulging in his pants walkin in the bank he might not be makin a deposit(get ur mind out the gutter lol-i was there too for a sec.). But really i kinda feel like a lot of people are misjudged by how they look. Styles are styles and to me as long as it is appropriate and fits the scenario then whas the deal.

I am tatted up aight and hell yeah i want more but most of my tatts are in areas where they are hardly seen. No doubt if u look hard enuff they are still visible but it is harder since i am dark-skinned. Me and the fam were having a debate about tattoos and their relevance in our world. My dad seems to think that there are limits to how many and wear they should be placed. I aint tryin to be on the face tatted but shyt im thinkn of gettin one on my back and my chest. My dad says they are a fad and they will fade i respectfully disagree. Unlike clothing or hairstyles i just think tatts are more artistic in a sense(maybe cuz they are pictorial i guess). Art neva fades it just transforms.

Mida i say do u ...but also do understand that there are social norms in place that somewhat stymies expression. There may be subtle if not blatant consequences to ur actions so be prepared. Don't assume and judge do some prying into the person beforehand. I know this may not be feasible for everyone but hey give ppl a chance in life. I am all about individual expression and conveying how u feel openly as long as u do it with class. Maybe i am just stubborn and i hate to conform to norms but who sets the rules anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment