Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bitches and Hoes(hate it or love it)


Good day to all! I know I know...you like "da god is on some other shyt with the title" but let me finish. I have been contemplating things in my personal life interacting with different people male and female. The question is why do some men call women Bitches and Hoes. Both terms are pejorative and extremely disrespectful. When itz used it has a litany of meanings some even go as far to say that sometimes when they say it it is not to disrespect.

In my experience a bitch is a bitch and a hoe is a hoe period. I don't use the term often but I have used it but not arbitrarily as others do. I am not exonerating myself I am intelligent I could have used another term but in the heat of the moment I used it. I am a blunt entity I call a spade a spade. The term hoe is the same way; I call it like I see it. I don't go around calling women hoes that is not my stylo ;I am a gentle(man). I don't agree with double standards either men and women can be hoes.

Both terms are vulgar and should be omitted in a conversation yet humans are emotional and when we are caught in verbal sparring we use whatever tools at our disposal. Is it right or wrong? I cant speak on that I am a proponent of relativity; you feel what is necessary at that time. Remember you can be forward and downright blunt but try to be mature and respectful . Peace to all my ladies and gents.

1 comment:

  1. I look at using the words "Bitchez" and "Hoez" the same way that I look at using the word "Nigga." I am an intelligent Black Woman, and I not only use "Bitch" freely to refer to my sister and friends, as you can probably guess, I'm a fan of the word "Nigga" as well.
    Why, you may be asking, would an intelligent, conscious, Proud "Token Black Power Friend" (as dubbed by the incomparable Josh T. my white buddy) would even consider using such vile language? Because our use of the english language is an abomination within itself. Think about the circumstances under which Black People are even speaking the english language? We were forced here, beaten and tortured into forgetting everything that made us who we SHOULD be, including any native language Afrikan Slaves were speaking at that time.
    So, I believe if there is no ill-intent behind a word, who gives a f u c k what the dictionary says it means? Like I said, I use all kinds of profanity, but that does not take away from my intelligence at all. That's where they get your mind twisted, got you focusing on the s h i t that doesn't matter instead of the truth in information that's out there.
    Just a little food for thought, My Nigga.

    ReplyDelete