Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No more Mr. Nice Guy part 1


"Nice guys finish last with their special set of rules". Jay-Z poignantly conveyed in his rhymes that nice guys always seem to the most undesirable. I am currently reading this book"No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Robert Glover. I have only read a few chapter(thus the part 1 of this blog) but I have already begun introspecting my life as a whole and visualizing the contents of the book as it relates to me(in lamens terms: I'm feelin it so far!!).

Now let me somewhat define what Dr. Glover means by a nice guy. A nice guy is one who always wants to please others in spite of himself. This is a wonderful altruistic trait but one cannot love others if he doesn't love himself. A lot of women nowadays want a lil drama in there lives; so action that negates what the nice guy offers in a relationship. There is nothing wrong with being nice but u gotta draw limits. U cant let ppl take u for granted or abuse ur kindness. In reality the nice guy is really not so nice he appears to be but he got hella problems.

Yes ladies I am one of the nice guys. I have always been a good guy with a pinch of thug in me but hey.....I don't treat women wrong and i have been raised to be respectful. I got problems which are currently under construction;he who is without sin throw the first stone ya dig. For a long time I couldn't find a gurl that would like me for being nice but it seemed when i was a lil rough around the edges gurls flock. I aint a playa and i don't mess around a lot either but i don't understand women that like to be disrespected and treated like object. Nice guys are deemed as not having confidence and not able to "man up". This is a gross misconception but one all to real in the minds of women. All women deserve to be treated like the queens they are and the King(me) can provide. I know women want to be cherished and secure but does a bad boy have to be the one who can do dat for u??? The nice guy syndrome is an interesting concept that is still in me thus the reason for me reading the book. I am trying to get what i want and need in life by not being so "nice".

Part two is coming up once i finish this book but feel free to discuss what i said above.

1 comment:

  1. That book is crap believe me.. here is my blogpost on the topic:

    http://mrniceguysyndrome.blogspot.com/

    And yes I am a nice guy too..

    ReplyDelete