Saturday, July 25, 2009

angels and demons


Watched the movie"Angels and Demons" last nite(late last nite). It was totally awesome!! Ron Howard did a great job directing the movie everybody was great. I wont tell you much about it cuz i don't wanna spoil it. It got me to thinking about religion again. It is a very controversial topic however one that should be discussed nonetheless. The movie involves Catholicism. I don't profess I know anything about the religion outside of a few rituals and they worship a guy called the Pope.

I used to be befuddled when i use to hear ppl worship a human being. I have come to understand(try to) that the Pope is as significant as a pastor or clergyman; he is a man of the cloth. The movie incited a lot of burning desire to broaden my knowledge of religion maybe b/c i don't adhere to just one. Should I even? The Pope obviously is very influential and u know what it doesn't matter if i think he is just a man; he is a man with a purpose. The Pope i feel uplifts ppl of that faith and directs them on a path of righteousness.

I am paraphrasing an actor in the movie: Religion is man made and man is not perfect. I guess u have to realize nothing is perfect in this world esp. religion. Worship whatever u like if it can help u become a better person so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment