Sunday, July 19, 2009

churrrrch.........pt 1


Mi hija and I went to church this morning. This is the first I have been in 6 months. It is a Baptist church located near my house which is very convenient for me. I have been under a lot of stress lately from life and i felt like i need some spiritual guidance. I am unsure of my religion if u will. I say that i am spiritual but my background(like most Blacks) is Christianity more specifically Baptist. i grew up goin to church with my parents. As most kids u do as ur told so i was fed a heaping pot of Jesus every Sunday. Growing up and goin to college i didn't really go to church like dat maybe sparingly. I have always been skeptical about religion probly because a lot of it isn't pure it seems tainted by man and all his machinations.

I like church though and i do believe in Jesus Christ. I dont really read the Bible much but i know a little. I know i should probly read more to gain clarity. Well today the pastor was talkn about "ur harvest". Basically saying that there will be things goin on in ur life and itz not for u to understand and think itz about u itz for u to handle it properly and God will c u through all the drama. I love to hear the message on Sundays it provide me with the armor that shields me from harmful day-to-day things that could level any human. I do believe that there is a higher power and without Him u are truly lost.

I try to be different and learn various religions and become an eclectic to understand more than just one religion. A lot of Christians believe that if u dont believe n their religion u goin to Hell..i beg to differ. My God doesn't dicotomize religions and picks the "best". "aint no best north south to east west(Nas)"! I think if u live ur life righteously then u good now how u go about doin that is left to be considered as long as u are monotheistic ur good wit me.

Religion is a hard topic to dissect and really it is very debatable. My thing is i try to get to the essence of it all without all the fat to gnaw through(chicken anyone??). Spiritual is what i call myself for the moment things may change we grow everyday. ALLAH U AKBAR(God is the Greatest)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment