Monday, October 12, 2009

Peace my brother


Aight kats been asking me would I post sumthin about this topic and i had to oblige. Recently President Obama received the coveted Nobel Peace Prize. There has been some debate on why he was awarded this accolade since he hasn't been in office for that long.

I am quite surprised also that Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize. I just think it is premature! It is supposed to be awarded to individuals "that the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses" according to the Nobel's will. Now I know that Obama seemingly is trying to create peace talks with certain countries and nations and that he is essentially trying to clean up the mess that "W" made but in my opinion what tangible thing has he done to warrant this prestigious honor?

Some say it is a early vote of confidence for other countries to see that peace can prosper if we work together which is i think at the forefront of Obama's policies. For whatever reason the brutha got it and though i aint hatin' I just want to see more tangible results from the current administration before giving out cake and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment