Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good hair?


Good hair bad hair the saga continues. This debate has been going on for eons with both sides seemingly in a stand-still. I recently saw Oprah(last nite really..dvr'd it) with Chris Rock discussing his upcoming documentary " Good Hair".

I have to say that i was still astounded by what is transpiring specifically in the black community; the numbers are astronomical. It was conveyed that an estimated 9.5 billion dolares is spent on hair products(weave,etc). I knew it was a disease of the mind to continue to degrade ur natural beauty by using chemicals in ur hair but i didnt know it was a full-blown epidemic! I am definitely gonna watch the movie when i comes to theatres Oct 9 should be real interesting.

I,of course, am a male so it somewhat doesnt affect me as much but as a black man it bothers me that my earths are spending so much time effort and money on frivilous things. I believe ALL black women should go natural it will break the bondage from the enslavement of ur mind thinkin that u need to assimilate to a European standard of beauty. I know some black women aint thinkin this way. I was just talkin to a coworker of mine and she said u use weave cuz it is more manageable. I respectfully disagreed and engaged in a debate that challenged her to go natural. I felt that she had a defeatist attitude about goin natural sayin it would be too hard. Negroes please!! I believe if u put in the effort u will get the result period.

I love my sistahs and i love my black ppl and i hate to see us fall into the trap when the tripwire is in plain view. Perms and/or chemicals mess ur hair up and u have to continue using it so it can look "good" but really it is destroying ur hair. I think some sistahs do it for the bruthas too. Do it for urself forget him!! Bruthas stop tellin ur sistahs to look like white gurls and str8n their hair!! Enuf is enuf we need to grasp the black community and take hold of monies that could be used for the betterment of our whole.

I am seriously considering starting a natural hair salon and im a dude!!! There are barely in any where i reside and it is fine time to become a paragon for my ppl. I challenge all my sistahs to go naturale yeah it may be hard just like me tryin to stop drinking Starbucks everyday(lol) but u can make it happen. Love urself hotep(peace)!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment