Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the circle of life


Today whas a long day not only did i have to wrk(and deal with all the politics dat go with it) but i volunteer for a local Hospice. I just started but sitting there today with my "new friend" made me visualize how fragile life really is. I volunteer in a nursing home with most patients not living beyond 6 months. It is saddening but also relieving in a way. As i conversed with my friend i scanned the area we were sitting in. They were about to serve dinner and I could see the degradation of these folks. Skin elasticity failing, memory fading etc. it is as if they reverted back to babydom; CNAs gotta feed some of them! As i scientist by trade i know bout the cycle of all life we all will possibly venture down this road i guess. I dont wanna talk too much about this right now maybe later I just want yall to soak it in ur brain right now. Rihanna said "Live ur life..." and i echo the same: live ur life to the fullest be all u wanna be and can be cuz we dont live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment