Friday, September 4, 2009

wtf??


Hello all yeah im up early to give u this shocking news! Well actually itz more of the same shyt really my dad sent me this email and to be honest i am not really that upset about it. It is pertaining to a doll that was in Costco. This couple went in there with their daughter and found this doll. Of course the couple was Black and they went to HR in the store and it was subsequently pulled. I say "of course" not to be a smart aleck but if the couple was any other ethnicity i don't think anything would have happened(maybe? what do u think?). Now I have some opinions on this esp. since the New York Times incident with Obama and the monkey cartoon.

Okay I'm a scientist by trade so the whole evolutionary idea is real to me but I don't necessarily believe we evolved from monkeys(all humans not just Blacks). I know the whole "porch monkey" rhetoric is formed by idiotic individuals so anything associating Blacks and monkeys causing an uproar. Nah it aint right and sometimes it is hard to tell if it is racial or not nowadays everything is so subtle. I think sometimes we(Blacks) think everything is racist and fail to realize that we may be oversensitive(and rightly so i guess but think before u act).

In this incident I don't really think it was racial but knowing the history of Amerikkka it is unwise to manufacture such things that could cause social unrest. The manager of the store should have been prudent enough not to allow that to be placed on the shelves. Itz unfortunate we are in the state of mania where everything is scrutinized and prodded from Ms. O's hair to black dolls but that is the wonderful hypocritical continent called North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment