Monday, March 22, 2010

Marital miss?


first comes love then comes marriage then a baby in a carriage. I think das a song or statement,adage whatever u wanna call it. Within the past couple of years i have witnessed two good buddies of mine get married and now one is having twins and one(or should i say two) are pregnant. Ahh the joys of life!! I guess itz seems strange to me now since i have kinda put love on hold(or shun it somewhat). I dont really envy them; i am happy that they found someone to share their lives and start a family. Both couples are good men and women and seem to be happy. I was curious though whas the point of marriage anyway? I asked my dad (his been married to my stepmom for over 15 yrs now) and he summed it up as companionship. All couples go through a lot and relationships are analogous to ur favorite roller coaster ride. Love comes and goes and many couples dont last in marriage. I know that shouldnt deter u from gettin married i am just tryin to figure out the difference from a long-term relationship and marriage. Does one require more commitment than the other? I know there are legal-binding obligations when u get hitched so y bother?

I get asked all the time " why arent u married?" My general responses are either "IDK" or "It isnt my time"(a.k.a. havent found someone who can put up with me lol). I have also had a couple of instances where married women have flirted with me suggesting that i can give them what their husbands cant? Look ma, i'm not here to play house and i damn sure aint tryin to get caught in a love triangle or quadrangle been there done that not tryin to go back...!

Love is what u make it marriage is how u create it God will not forsake it if itz with His blessing. I am not sure if or when i will get hitched and trust i am n NOOO RUSHH(vroom!!!) Before u walk to that aisle weigh everything out first and only do it for the right reasons. What are those reasons hell idk das relative u will know when itz time. Marriage itself is a commitment putting aside the relationship aspect so think b4 u act on "love", etc cuz it takes more than couples liking TV series together or liking the same thing to make it last...shout out to all my married couples and those workin it out in any relationship thru the good and bad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment