Monday, March 1, 2010

desparate times call for....ethical measures??


Whaddup folks how yall been? Yeah this is sungod from the dirty dirty(cant u tell lol). Recently i have been pondering over this particular topic and this past wkends catastrophe in Chile has prompted me to convey my thoughts. We all know what happened in Haiti a few months ago. It was disheartening not only because of the devastation but from some residents(really gangs and itz affiliates) were looting and basically causing civil unrest in a country that is already on the brink of destruction. This has apparently also occurred in Chile were there have been reports of looting.

I (praise ALLAH) have yet to be in a situation where anything goes to survive. I am on the outside looking in yet i feel i have the right to speak on it at least. I empathize with all who are victims of circumstance specifically ones due to natural disasters. I know that resources are scarce at best and aid trickles in at the speed of a lazy snail but that doesnt warrant stealing and/or monopolizing resources. Many are already in a state of despair and to cause unrest and thievery is simply unjust and a cause for concern. It happens all the time when pandemonium occurs. During the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina ppl know of the horror stories that happened in the Superdome. Women were raped, ppl robbed and security forces supposedly assisting the masses barricaded themselves in a room?! wtf??!!!

I know ppl will ask the question if my daughter needed medicine and the only way to get it whas to steal it would I? Hell yeah but the point is I would hope that I would try to exhaust all possibilities before taking that route. I dont know what goes through ppls minds when during extreme stress but morals if practical should be applied at all times. Kats in Chile stealing TVs wtf u gonna do with that when there's no electricity?! Things like dat where items stolen offer no immediate help to u or anyone else is what i am upset about mostly. It aint even the fact that looting is goin on per se cuz i can see how ppl need help but think before u act. Ur consequences affect a lot of ppl not just u.

No comments:

Post a Comment